Poker: rules and combinations
Poker appeared about 5 centuries ago, having become the most popular card game in the United States and one of the most popular all over the world. Poker is somewhat similar to chess: the rules of these games can be learned very quickly, but you can hone your skills and train your thinking in this game for a lifetime. The elements of uncertainty, psychological influence and randomness combine to make this game incredibly attractive to gamblers. And it is important to note that we are talking about poker with live people, where there is a possibility of trade, and not about video poker. For live online play, there are special rooms with real croupiers from Evolution Gaming
The most basic rules, which hardly change depending on the type of poker, are as follows:
- from 2 to 10 people participate in the game;
- the goal of the game is either to convince all players to leave the game, or to collect the highest combination;
- players do not know each other’s cards, which greatly complicates the game due to intrigue and fear of underestimating the opponent’s combination;
- During the game, there are many opportunities for trading, during which the players, by their decisions, distribute their own bankrolls among each other.
Popular terms that players use to describe their actions while playing poker and trading:
- bet – place a bet;
- raise – make a bet higher than the previous player (there are many types of raises);
- check – a pass, a desire not to add chips to the pot, but this does not apply to mandatory bets (blinds);
- call – equalization of the bet with opponents;
- fold – pass, refusal to play further;
- all-in – an all-in bet.
Poker combinations and types
Due to the huge popularity of poker all over the world, it has a lot of varieties. Let’s name the most popular of them:
- Texas Hold’em. This type of poker is considered the most popular in the world due to the optimal balance of information hidden and open to opponents.
- Razz. A type of inverted version of poker, where the goal is to collect the smallest combination of cards, which in this case is a straight of aces.
- Omaha Hi / Lo. The bottom line is that the bank is divided into two halves. To win the first half, you need to collect the largest combination, and to win the second – the smallest. If the player suddenly has both of these combinations, then he gets the whole bank. In this case, the game takes place in 4 rounds: preflop, flop, turn and river. This is a rather difficult option for beginners to master, and there are usually few people for this type online.
- Seven Card Stud. Here the rates are fixed and there are no community cards. After making a payment (ante), each player is given three cards, one of which is shown to opponents.
Poker combinations are a must for every beginner. This skill is necessary for a gambler, as the ability to recognize shoulder straps is necessary for a soldier.
Playing online roulette is practically the same as playing a regular one. You will still need to independently choose and bet on a number or combination. However, you will do this on a computer, and the dealer will physically place all the bets for you. All types of roulettes can be played online, but most often American and European roulettes are held, since French is more difficult for beginners to understand because of the terminology in French.
European roulette is similar to French, but, firstly, all terms are in English, and secondly, unlike American roulette, there is only one zero and there is an opportunity for oral bets. American roulette assumes a stricter sequence of numbers, the absence of verbal information, special chips for placing bets, self-placing bets by players on the field (of course, the dealer will do this online) and a double zero marked in green on the roulette wheel.
Blackjack is considered one of the simplest casino card games. The game does not require as much attention to opponents as in poker, and in addition, there is no such excitement. It is believed that blackjack was invented in Italy in the 15th century.
In general, the main goal of the game is to collect a higher value of cards than the dealer, but not more than 21.
The dealer will deal cards (face down in most varieties), including himself. The cards will be pre-shuffled with a bear, so no one will know the sequence. If the player manages to draw an ace and 10, then this will be called blackjack, and the player can immediately go for his winnings. In this case, the cards can be split, the bet can be doubled and, of course, you can fold. The most effective basic strategy is considered to be holding 17 points or so.
The meaning of the cards
The denomination of the cards in the game is formed as follows:
- cards with numbers: numbers = face value;
- cards without numbers – 10 points;
Ace is either 10 or 1. It all depends on the number of points: if they exceed 21, then the value of the ace will become 1 to avoid being exceeded.
This is an old game that, according to the most plausible version, originated around the 15th century in Italy. It is a relatively simple card game that has long been a favorite among noble circles. Now it is played in almost every casino.
The main goal of the game, which in modern casinos can be called rather a mini-baccarat, is to score the sum of points closest to 9. If the value of the combination grows more than 9, then the game can be considered lost. Bets on the game are accepted through the dealer before it starts. You can bet either on a player’s or a dealer’s win, or on a draw. At the same time, up to 14 people can participate, there can be up to 8 decks in the game
The meaning of the cards
The denomination in this game is determined simply:
- all cards with numbers from 2 to 9 are added;
- an ace counts as one point;
- pieces and tens do not count.
You can install applications of entire casinos on your phone. As a rule, large casinos realize the importance of mobile traffic, so they release their own applications. For example, Casino-x has such an application. In it you can play slots, roulette, video poker and much more, as well as top up and withdraw money directly from your phone. In addition, we can recommend the Slots – Pharaoh’s Way app in Egyptian style, which is one slot in which you can choose to make real money by going somewhere.
If you want free gambling, you can either play in demo mode or say a casino simulator on your phone: let’s say, quite old, but still working and quite functional Fruit Machine Deluxe, which perfectly recreates the aesthetics of old mechanical machines. In addition, we recommend the PokerStars Poker app from the legendary poker community, where you can not only hone your analytical and intellectual skills on constant games, but also prepare hard for the championships.